The Paramount Center for the Arts is a multi-use performing arts center in the heart of downtown Bristol TN/VA presenting music, dance, comedy, film, theater and family entertainment. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Paramount Bristol’s lavish interior and iconic marquee are characteristic of Art Deco movie palaces built in the 1930s. The Paramount Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, which owns and operates the theater, is now seeking an experienced development professional to manage fundraising campaigns and activities vital to its sustainability and long term growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Marketing/Communications Director and members of the Board of Directors, the Advancement Officer will plan, administer and implement all fundraising activities. This individual will maintain a proactive, leadership role in the identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation contributors.The Advancement Officer will manage development processes in a fiscally sound manner ensuring that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support the organization’s fundraising goals. In addition, this individual will work closely with the Marketing/Communications staff to prepare and/or oversee all direct mail, annual appeal and membership campaigns, brochures, sponsorship proposals and grant applications to promote the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Major Gifts, Annual Giving and Donor Recognition:
- Maintain and enhance the Paramount’s existing relationships with donors to encourage their ongoing support.
- Identify and cultivate new prospects for major gifts.
- Process donations through donor database / CRM systems and ensure timely acknowledgement of donations.
- Corporate Sponsorship and Underwriting:
- Identify and prospect potential new corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage relationships and deliverables with corporate underwriters.
- Work with business leaders to evaluate and identify needs and develop plans to support the requirements, programs and operations of The Paramount.
- Foundation and Agency Grants:
- Research, develop and identify grant opportunities, overseeing the grant process from start to successful completion.
- Work closely with Marketing/Communications Director on planning, drafting and managing grant applications and awards.
- Capital Projects
- Experience in the successful management of Capital Campaigns above $5MM will be a key hiring consideration.
A Bachelor’s degree, with 5-7 years of proven experience managing fundraising campaigns, preferably in a not-for-profit performing arts organization; demonstrated experience in managing people and budgets; ability to work in a hands-on environment with limited resources; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with donor database systems such as Salesforce, are important. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Catherine Hausman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the job description (PDF)
Return to Jobs