Back of House Manager
The Peoples Bank Theatre is a 940 seat historic theatre located in downtown Marietta, Ohio. We are looking to hire an experienced Theatre Facilities - Back of House Manager to manage facility operations by working with touring acts, rental groups, and by overseeing the film events. This position is salaried and will require approximately 30 hours a week.
Under the supervision of the Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association (HCHTA) Executive Director, this person will be responsible for the successful management of the facility and the success of theatre operations and the following major areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for Back of House (BOH) operations, booking hotel and travel, fulfilling all catering and hospitality as outlined by artist rider.
- Along with Technical Director, oversee touring show load-in and load out, assist with movies, educational and other programming.
- Oversee the planning of all rental events hosted at the theatre. Build relationships with all renters and potential renters of the building.
- Oversee the projector set up for movie events, help with movie selections.
- Ensure that all event invoicing maintain financial integrity.
- Ensure stocking of concession and merchandise inventory.
- Assist with financial settlements and evaluations with rental shows.
- Responsible for cleaning pre and post show.
- Define and communicate all maintenance needs at the theatre and follow-through to ensure that the building is properly maintained.
- Responsible for Marquee and facility specific advertising such as signage, banners and posters.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or five years or more related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in one or more of the following: hospitality services, hotel management, event planning, special event production, background in theatre production or management.
The Theatre Facilities Manager must be willing to work weekends, evenings and irregular hours as required by the various events occurring at the theatre. Physical requirements include a significant amount of walking and stair climbing as there is no elevator access to the balcony level in the theatre or Green Room and Chorus Room under the stage. Frequent moving of stage equipment and supplies requires a significant amount of effort. Stocking the refrigerators on the first and second levels of the theatre and the Stage Door space next to the theatre require regular lifting of over 10 pounds and often up to 50 pounds.
The Theatre Facilities Manager will possess strong organizational and prioritization skills, and effective planning skills. The Manager will be a detail oriented multi-tasker who has a strong work ethic and works well under pressure.
Please send resume to Hunt Brawley, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the job description (PDF)
Return to Jobs