As an Assistant Manager at The Bedford Playhouse you'll:
- operate all film projectors, sound equipment and related equipment in the theater.
- ingest, test and perform maintenance on scheduled movies and the projectors.
- be responsible for routine housekeeping and timely communication with the Theater Manager.
- open and oversee the concessions, ushers and box office staff and will be responsible for daily reporting, cash handling and bank deposits.
- Deliver a comfortable, distraction-free, and picture-perfect entertainment experience.
- Coordinate booth and floor operations and duties.
- Ensure picture-perfect presentations through auditorium and booth evaluations.
- Identify picture and sound problems and correct accordingly.
- Execute trailer and pre-feature programming and scheduling.
- Solve technical and operational problems quickly and efficiently.
- Responsible for all aspects of the cinema's technical operations outside of the projection room, including concessions, box office, lighting, heating, ventilation, fire alarms and equipment, electrical, water and gas supplies.
- Open and close the concessions stand.
- Running daily reports.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Health and Safety regulations and requirements.
- Make certain guest service is friendly, helpful and fast.
- Maintain facilities that are clean, safe and in good repair.
- Serve fresh, appetizing and properly prepared food and beverages.
- Assist with other functions as instructed by the Theater Manager.
- Excellent guest service, administrative and follow-up skills.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines in a timely fashion.
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to effectively delegate and follow up with floor staff members.
- Proficient guest service, administrative and follow-up skills.
- Equally comfortable communicating and working with guests, supervisors, peers, subordinates, vendors or partners.
- Solid technical skills, manual dexterity along with strong eyesight, hearing/color perception.
- Experience in advanced technical systems.
- Ability to solve technical problems calmly and efficiently.
- Able to work under pressure, sometimes in relative silence.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Work diligently on the goal of excellent service and environment at a 501 (c)(3) non profit, movie theater.
- Able to work mainly nights and weekends.
- High energy, "can-do" attitude, flexibility, teamwork and attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work hard, ready to learn and grow.
- Commitment to the mission of The Bedford Playhouse.
- Willingness to participate in mandatory trainings.
- Salary dependent on experience.
Send resume and cover letter to Bijhanclarke@bedfordplayhouse.org
Download the job description (PDF)
Return to Jobs