House Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
The Tarrytown Music Hall is an historic theater which welcomes some 85,000 visitors annually, to a program ranging from international concert acts to community and children's theater. We are owned and operated by a nonprofit organization.
- Recruit, train and assign volunteers for various tasks, such as ushering, membership table, concessions, Merchandise table, "facilities force", etc.
- Identifying and scheduling Assistant House Managers, when needed.
- Tracking volunteer hours.
- Maintaining concessions inventory, set up concession stand before shows with volunteers.
- Prepare and distribute flyers, programs and other handout materials.
- Ensuring signage, screens and posters are current before each event.
- Perform FOH safety check before each performance.
- Oversee ticket collection, patron and member services, seating and Front of House emergencies.
- Liaise with box office, production staff, security personnel before each event, and brief ushers and FOH staff on each event's specifics.
- Submit performance reports after each show.
- Responsible for producing injury/incident reports as needed, alert production if medical or other emergencies arise.
- Provide EXCELLENT service and ensure any issues with patrons and members are resolved and followed up, tracking all issues.
- Oversee Volunteer Happiness, i.e. make sure volunteers are treated with the utmost respect and gratitude and help plan fun events, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Great People Person, with integrity and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance.
- Ability to "think on your feet" and problem solve in a sometimes noise and dark environment, while remaining calm, composed.
- Excellent team building and management skills, comfortable with speaking to large gatherings.
- Must be skilled in the use of computers, office and presentation software.
- Must be able and willing to work pretty much any weekday or time of day, depending on when events are scheduled.
Visit https://www.indeedjobs.com/the-friends-of-the-mozartina/jobs/deabfabce5fe6ed70d7d and complete the online application process.
Download the job description (PDF)
Return to Jobs