Box Office Manager
The Theatre Assistant is a front-line employee at the Morton handling all incoming requests for facility and event info, tours, rentals, and ticket sales by day with emphasis on providing excellent customer service. They assist the staff with office operation and the public (including renters) with event and ticket information. For individual events they are responsible for the box office operation, reconciliation, and preparation of disbursement of revenue to presenters.
Job Related Requirements:
- May be required to work on religious holidays.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Must work cooperatively with others.
- When requirements include vehicle operation, responsible for the safety, readiness and operation of the vehicle and must abide by ACC's safe driving policy.
Minimum Training & Experience Required to Perform Essentianl Job Functions:
- High school diploma with three years of administrative, secretarial, or related experience required; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Associate's/Vocational/Technical degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- Must be certified in First Aid/CPR or have ability to attain within 6 months of employment
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not being construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. All assigned tasks will be prioritized by the supervisor according to each production schedule. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares event information for the public by coordinating the calendar of events, composing, reviewing and distributing press releases and marketing materials to all targeting venues.
- Prepares, drafts, reviews and revises correspondence, memoranda, calendars, reports, newsletters, forms, meeting minutes and other related program materials: organizes and maintains filing system.
- Operates and coordinates box office ticket sales and reservation system, credit card purchases, handling of money through ticket sales, merchandise, and concessions: prepares and delivers bank deposits as needed.
- Answers telephones, fulfills visitor requests, provides program and services information to staff community groups and the general public; and/or relays messages to appropriate personnel.
- Manages promotion and marketing for the assigned facility, including website, calendar, and social media updates.
- Solicits, trains, coordinates, and supervises the activities of community volunteers, ushers, ticket salespersons, and concession workers.
- Attends events scheduled at the assigned facility (including evenings and weekends) to monitor activities and provide service to renters, vendors and the public ensuring a smooth event.
- Maintains computerized financial accounting and purchasing records. Monitors expenditures and revenues for current budgets; compiles data as needed.
- Assists in preparing monthly and annual activities reports.
- Records, files, updates and maintains membership correspondences and mailing lists; prepares incoming/outgoing mail; receives and distributes division's mail or other correspondence.
- Maintains inventory of operating office supplies, office machines and coordinates with division administrative secretary purchase orders and service requests as needed.
- Prepares personnel and contract labor time sheets and contracts, if applicable.
- Assists with community outreach programs and is liaison to civic groups as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required.
When assigned to the Morton Theatre
- Manages the box office operations including in-person, phone, and online sales, reconciliation, settlement, ordering supplies, and scheduling
- Processes and maintains rental documents and requirements including contracts, fees, deposits, and forms
- Maintains the Morton Theatre physical calendar
- Assists with direct marketing of the Morton Theatre and events.
- Provides tours of the Morton Theatre.
- Assists with duties related to the Morton Theatre Corporation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and activities of staged productions, special events, and arts management.
- Knowledge of the terminology used within the department/division.
- Knowledge of relevant unified government policies and procedures, accounting and bookkeeping practices and procedures and methods as required in the performance of duties.
- Knowledge of the effective and efficient use of office equipment such as computers, copiers, calculators, facsimile machines, typewriters, etc.
- Ability to compile, organize, prepare and maintain and assortment of records, reports and information in and effective manner and according to departmental and /or governmental regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, other staff members, and the public.
- Ability to use independent judgment in routine and non-routine situations.
- Ability to handle the required mathematical calculations.
- Ability to utilize and understand computer applications and techniques as necessary in the completion of job related responsibilities.
- Ability to plan, organize and/or prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
Application Deadline: 11:59 PM, August 16, 2019
Download the full job description with application instructions (PDF)
Return to Jobs