We are seeking a well-qualified professional who will manage all aspects of the local San Jose-based operation on behalf of the national Nederlander Producing Company of America.
The General Manager will display strong leadership qualities to oversee staff management in the areas of Accounting, Ticketing/Operations, Marketing/Press/Advertising, President's Club, Group Sales, Sponsorships, local High School Musical Theatre competition.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Accounting: Approving and accurately tracking all payroll as well as invoices for payment; submitting monthly and year-end P&Ls; creating show and building settlements and P&Ls; budgeting; calculate expense estimates for all locally presented shows.
- HR: Working in tandem with Nederlander's human relations personnel to ensure compliance for administrative and union show employees, as well as for health/safety. Legal: Reviewing show and building contracts, negotiating union contracts for wardrobe and hair/makeup, request and review certificates of insurance.
- Relationships: Managing and acting as positive local liaison with various groups and individuals key to our success in San Jose.
- Ancillary Income: Seek sponsorships for shows and series
- Local High School Musical Theatre Competition (The Rita Moreno Awards), including working with Children's Musical Theatre of San Jose who manages and produces this local affiliate of the NHSMTA.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years in performing arts management, specifically relating to touring Broadway shows, concerts and special events.
The General Manager is the point person with Team San Jose, the landlord for our local venues (The Center for the Performing Arts and The California Theatre) where shows are presented.
- The incoming General Manager will possess these attributes:
- Being able to represent the local and national company within the community in a positive and pro- active manner.
- Someone who is a highly organized self-starter, has an entrepreneurial spirit , enjoys maximizing ticket sales and creating new income revenue streams while implementing cost savings.
The Broadway San Jose General Manager will report to: Nederlander Vice President of Programming
This full-time benefited position includes 2 weeks' vacation after 1st year; 3 weeks after 5 years, six days of sick leave each year, health insurance.
In addition to Monday-Friday typical work schedule, there will be additional performance nights and weekends as required.
Familiarity with Ticketmaster is a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information about Broadway San Jose, visit www.broadwaysanjose.com
Start Date: ASAP
Send resumes and cover letter to:
Jack Meyer, Vice President Programming
No phone calls please.
Download the job description (PDF)
Return to Jobs