The Fox Theatre in Atlanta is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Restoration Assistant.
The Restoration Assistant will work directly with the restoration staff and preservation professionals to maintain and preserve the historic finishes of the Fox Theatre. The Restoration Assistant will support the day-to-day restoration activities, performing both hands-on preservation techniques as well as supporting the work of external preservation professionals.
- TECHNICAL PRESERVATION: Assist Restoration Management in the physical preservation of painted surfaces and other historic finishes at the Fox Theatre.
- FINISHES MAINTAINENCE: Perform additional non-preservation related painting duties as required.
- PROJECT DOCUMENTATION: Assist Restoration Management and Director of the Fox Theatre Institute with documentation.
- Perform miscellaneous duties to support the work of the Fox Theatre Institute.
- Assist Restoration Management in determining best practices based on the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Provide recommendations and support for the ongoing documentation of finishes, plaster work, and other architectural features.
- Other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; some technical or college education in related field strongly preferred.
- Must have at least five to eight years of professional experience in related area, including experience in decorative plaster repair,
- decorative painting including gilding, stenciling, glazing, color matching, patching plaster, repairing wood surfaces, straight painting and scaffold construction.
- Must be able to participate in project documentation including writing and basic photography.
- Must be able to accomplish sourcing materials as part of the ongoing restoration work at the Fox Theatre.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have skills necessary to perform general web-based research.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work with many vendors and other professionals to support the preservation of the historic theatre.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to traverse building, including multiple floors.
- Must be able frequently perform the actions of reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping, and wiping.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to move or assist with the move of light to medium objects.
- Must be comfortable in work conditions that use scaffolding and ladders.
- Must be able to work inside and outside, sometimes in hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to work required shifts. Shifts for this position are mostly daytime hours, with occasional evening, weekend, holidays, or overtime hours as needed for projects.
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Full-Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Eligibility to participate in Group Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance Plans.
- Employer Provided Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Group Term Life, and AD&D Insurance.
- Eligibility to participate in Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Eligibility to participate in 403(b) Retirement Plan, including Employer Match Program.
- Paid Time Off including Vacation, Sick, and Holidays.
The historic Fox Theatre is one of Atlanta's premiere venues for live entertainment. The Fox's 4,665-seat theatre is booked more than 200 performances a year ranging from Broadway to rock to comedy to movies. Private events such as weddings, receptions, corporate events, proms, and other gatherings are hosted in the Grand Salon and Egyptian Ballroom. The Fox is located on Peachtree Street in the middle of the city and is on the National Historic Register. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization, the Fox Theatre stands today as a fiercely protected landmark and a nationally acclaimed theatre.
The Fox prides itself in being much more than just a historic theatre. The Fox is a memory maker! The members of our staff are held to the highest Guest Service Standards. Seeing a smile on the face of every guest and knowing that you are taking part in the making of a memory that will last forever is just one of the many perks of working at the Fox.
Whether on the front lines or behind the scenes, every single member of our staff plays a vital role in the memory-making experience we call "The Fox Experience." "The Fox Experience" doesn't stop at the doors of the Fox. The Fox Theatre Institute is a dynamic outreach program offering historic preservation and operations expertise, consultation and education to performing arts venues in Georgia and the region. The Fox Theatre Institute also provides memory-making educational experiences to students through initiatives such as Fox in a Box.
Fox Theatre, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Fox Theatre complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Fox Theatre expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
The Fox Theatre is located at 660 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, GA 30308.
Please apply on line by clicking here or by sending your resume to email@example.com
Download printable version (PDF)
Return to Jobs