Mayo Performing Arts Center, a 1300-seat 501 (c) (3) non-profit performing arts center located in Morristown, NJ, seeks an experienced Programming Coordinator to assist the Programming Manager with booking and coordination of more than 200 artists and events presented by MPAC each year. The Programming Coordinator will be responsible for researching and booking mission driven sustainable programs and services, and other attractions, in line with the Theatre's strategic plan.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Artist research/booking/negotiations
- Contract administration
- Development of program budgets
- Oversight of event settlements
- Management and coordination of programming calendar and other duties as they relate to events presented at the venue
- The Programming Coordinator will also liaison with various departments to coordinate various event details
Successful candidate must have a passion for the theatre's mission, program innovation and dedication to excellence.
Other requirements are as follows:
- Experience and extensive knowledge in all genres of the performing arts, specifically cultural and arts-driven programming.
- Experience in negotiating and working with agents and artist management.
- Must be a strategic thinker/planner, detail oriented, organized and have the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, customer service and written communication skills.
- Computer skills also essential, with experience in database software and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends when needed. Prior settlement experience preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience. Send resume to Anthony Scareon, Manager of Administration, email@example.com.
Return to Jobs