Junior Graphic / Video Designer - Marketing
The historic Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank has a rare opening for a junior graphic designer in its Department of Marketing. The Count Basie Theatre celebrates its 90th anniversary this year, and the leadership and Board of Trustees have announced a public vision and plans for the future, which includes further expansion and renovation.
- Follow the guidance of the lead designer in preparation of print and digital materials;
- Design promotions for live events and arts education programs, including but not limited to a quarterly playbill, direct mail, newspaper and magazine ads, etc.;
- Assist the marketing department in all aspects of customer-facing presentations, from imagery and video on social media and TheBASIE.org, to posters, digital displays and more.
- An appreciation for the arts and arts education – this is important!
- Team player that is self-motivated, persistent, and proactive in driving results but can be creative and flexible in overcoming obstacles;
- A portfolio that demonstrates a fluency with print and digital design;
- Technical expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), plus MS Office suite programs;
- Technical knowledge of preparing art for print and digital media;
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Understanding of print production, photography and typography preferred.
- Experience with photography and videography / video packaging a major advantage;
- Experience in WordPress and web coding a major advantage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required.
- Two or more years of experience in the graphic design field preferred.
- Understanding of printing processes, photography, illustration and typography preferred.
This is an exciting experience that will match your appreciation for media and the arts with our goal to build a workforce that will grow with the Basie as it moves into its upcoming expansion and renovation.
This is a full-time, exempt position. We require that you submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. We regret that we can only contact those candidates whose skill set best matches our needs.
Please send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
Download printable version (PDF)
The Count Basie Theatre is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. The Count Basie Theatre is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual or affectational preference, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or domestic status, veteran status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all employment actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination, and job-related social or recreational programs.
Return to Jobs