The Iowa Theater is now accepting applications for multiple paid positions, including two managerial positions. Part-time, approximately 12-30 hours per week - pay negotiable and comisserate with experience. Benefits include admission to all regular film screenings for employee and guest.
The Iowa Theater's managers will be in charge of the daily operations of the theater. Note that because this is a new position, these responsibilities further be further clarified once the Iowa reopens. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Basic accounting duties such as inventory management, daily sales reports and deposits.
- Programming and operating projection equipment (training provided).
- Submitting box office reports to film studio reps (training provided).
- Managing and overseeing private events and rentals from pre-event communication to day-of support.
- Alongside other staff, serving patrons at the box office and/or concession stand during operating hours.
- Performing general customer service.
- Training and managing concession and box office employees as needed.
- Overseeing and directing volunteers during operating hours.
- Performing opening and closing procedures.
- Overseeing and performing weekly cleaning procedures.
- Participating in any legally required state training and obtaining the required certificates for food safety standards and/or alcohol sales standards (provided).
- Supervising general theater maintenance, including performing minor repairs and/or alerting the Board of Directors regarding larger maintenance concerns.
- Monitoring risk management as it pertains to the theater, i.e., employee and guest safety, loss prevention, emergency situations, and the proper handling and reporting of accidents.
- Overseeing, setting up and operating the Iowa's outdoor screening program (seasonal).
- Managing staff including interviewing, training and coaching employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Communicating with Development and Programming Director on a weekly basis regarding programming, employee schedules, inventory needs, etc.
Generally, because the theater's managers will work alongside hourly employees in all aspects of theater operation, they must be willing and able to perform tasks assigned to the rest of the staff. Candidates must:
- Be at least 19 years old and available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Have at least one year of previous experience in a customer service role.
- Possess at least a high school diploma. An undergraduate or vocational degree is desired.
- Be able to lift up to 75 pounds, stand for 2+ hours at a time, and be able to lift items overhead, climb stairs, kneel and crouch. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust projector focus.
- Possess good public speaking skills and be able to effectively communicate in both oral and written form with employees, vendors, corporate staff, etc.
- Be able to identify problems and implement solutions with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Have proven experience with PC platforms and knowledge of basic office programs including but not limited to e-mail, Word, Excel and Googledocs.
- Feel comfortable supervising employees and volunteers in accordance with the Iowa's policies.
To apply, please email Development and Programming Director Rebecca Fons at email@example.com. Include a resume, cover letter and one professional reference. Please use the subject line "Iowa Manager Position."
Return to Jobs