The nation's number one online resource for historic theatres is the LHAT-CHAT NETWORK, a cutting edge, customized online community available to LHAT Theatre and Allied members.
LHAT-CHAT is a source of innovative ideas on a seemingly endless array of issues historic theatres face on a daily basis. LHAT members say having access to the information they gain from talking directly with their peers is worth the price of membership alone!
Go to the LHAT-CHAT Network (member login required for access).
See what LHAT members are discussing now on the LHAT-CHAT Network.
The LHAT-CHAT Network includes:
JOIN LHAT to participate in discussions among the leaders of our field!
10. Put a face with a name! Every member of the CHAT has a personalized profile where you can upload a photo and enter other information about yourself (if you want; or not, if you don’t).
9. Easily search for other LHAT members who are like you. In your profile, enter the demographics of your theatre, indicate which historic theatre operation and sustainability topics are of interest to you, even enter your job title, and the CHAT will automatically identify others who are like you so you can more easily connect to share information/ advice specific to your needs.
8. YOU make all the decisions about how you want to participate. Decide how you want to receive LHAT-CHAT postings: through individual emails, a daily digest, an RSS feed — even “no emails,” which allows you to access all postings, resource libraries and other CHAT members whenever you want, but you don’t have to receive any notifications at all. Also decide how much of your information you want other members to be able to see. It’s completely customizable to accommodate your comfort level and privacy preferences.
7. Upload almost any kind of resource into the LHAT-CHAT Resource Library, including Word and Excel documents, PDFs, photographs and videos. You don’t even have to post a message to add something to the library. Just log in and upload whenever you want.
6. Bookmark the resources in the library that you find most useful by adding them to your “Favorites.” Then those resources will be readily available to you without having to perform a search.
5. You don't have to remember multiple passwords and usernames. All members have a single login to access all online LHAT resources. Just use your email and your password to log into the LHAT website and the LHAT-CHAT Network to post and reply to CHAT messages, access member resources, update information in the database, register online for events, access free webinars, purchase merchandise, renew your membership, etc.
4. Follow conversations easily. The CHAT offers very clear options for replying to posts (whether to the author or to the whole group) and offers a “View this Thread” option so you can see the whole conversation from beginning to end, in one place.
3. You won’t have to read the same questions over and over again. Since we launched the new LHAT-CHAT in 2011, we have been creating a valuable body of knowledge through conversations and resource sharing. Because the CHAT has a robust search engine and allows you to assign tags to documents and posts, you will be able to search first for what you’re seeking before posting questions that have been asked and answered before.
2. The LHAT-CHAT is the #1 resource for people working to sustain historic theatres. Many members say having access to their peers in the field is worth the price of membership alone.
1. It makes networking easier and helps you do your job better!
League of Historic American Theatres 2105 Laurel Bush Road, Suite 201
Bel Air, MD 21015 USA
tel: (443) 640-1058 fax: (443) 640-1031
© 2014 League of Historic American Theatres. All Rights Reserved.