The League's Programs and Services are designed to provide opportunities for historic theatres to learn how to:
- Improve their theatres
- Improve their businesses, and
- Improve their communities
The League and its members are focused on identifying and sharing the tools, techniques and technologies required to sustain historic theatres as the centers of their communities. By recognizing the issues and challenges unique to historic theatres, the League can better serve the field and assist emerging theatre projects.
The nation's number one online theatre reference service is the LHAT-CHAT Network. Our members-only, private online community is a source of innovative ideas on a seemingly endless array of issues historic theatres face on a daily basis. Many members say having access to the information they gain from talking directly with their peers on the CHAT is worth the price of membership alone!
Through the LHAT-CHAT Theatre and Allied members share their experiences, knowledge and advice through an online discussion group and share documents and web-based resources in a central Resource Library.
The League offers several professional development and in-person networking opportunities each year in different locations across the United States:
- One or two 1.5 day Regional Conferences, typically one in the spring and one in the fall.
- The National Conference is held in July for four days and offers extensive education sessions, peer networking, theatre tours and a vendor Expo for 300+ attendees.
Spring Regional Conference in Boston, MA
April 15-16, 2020 Cancelled
44th National Conference in Cleveland, OH
July 12-15, 2020
With the uncertainty surrounding future events due to the COVID-19 crisis, LHAT has decided to suspend the Awards for Excellence Program this year. We encourage anyone who intended to submit a 2020 nomination to plan to submit the same nomination in 2021. We'll open the call for nominations in February. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
We don't anticipate the process, eligibility requirements and judging criteria to change next year, so below you may click on the appropriate icon to download the 2020 Awards Brochures for reference.
Questions? Email LHAT
Download overview of all services, programs and benefits.
Members-only programs and services include:
- The LHAT-CHAT Network, including current and past discussions and the resource library.
- Online Member Resources, such as handouts and presentations from past conferences and forums, articles from past publications, sample theatre job descriptions, policies and manuals, etc.
- The Online Member Directory, which includes information about the service provider and supplier members who specialize in historic theatres, as well as demographics about each of our member theatres.
- Listing in our Online Theatre Inventory with direct links to member theatres' websites.
Members also receive discounts on LHAT's professional development and networking offerings, including registration fees for the Annual Conference and Theatre Tour, Regional Conferences and other programs. Some League programs and services are available to both members and nonmembers, with higher rates for nonmembers.