The Paramount Theater is Charlottesville's historic and intimate venue for the performing arts! We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and dedicated individuals to join our team as we educate, enchant, enrich and enlighten the Charlottesville community and beyond. Please review the postings below and follow the instructions to apply below.
The successful candidate will optimize the financial management of the theater by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, preparing monthly financial statements and reports, performing account analysis and supporting the retention of employees through the effective administration of payroll and benefits systems. This is a full-time position with benefits and salary based on ability, education and experience.
Duties Will Include:
- Optimize the successful financial management of the theater by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, preparing monthly financial statements and reports, performing account analysis and supporting the retention of employees through the effective administration of payroll and benefits systems.
- Assist in the implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and payroll in compliance with State and federal law, and The Paramount Theater's policies and procedures.
- Maintain records in accordance with guidance from tax and audit professionals.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and have the Executive Director sign off according to company policy.
- Prepare monthly reports for management in accordance with company policy including but not limited to profit & loss, cash flow, balance sheet and event reconciliations.
- Process semi-monthly payrolls and file payroll returns including VA-5, 941, and W2/W3 returns.
- Serve as the benefits administrator.
- Maintain employment records and files with required documentation/separate I-9 file.
- Facilitate the new employee process from hiring to start date to include all proper documentation, paperwork and new employee handbook.
- Review and bind insurance packages (commercial, Workman's comp, etc.) with input and approval from Executive Director.
- Extensive experience with complex accounting systems and multiple entities and consolidations. Knowledge of QuickBooks a definite plus.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP principles.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have a B.S. in Accounting, Business, or Finance or an equivalent level of education.
The Paramount offers unique employment opportunities with competitive pay and benefits, commensurate with experience. The Paramount Theater is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No recruiters and no phone calls, please. Interested applicants should apply directly on the Paramount's website: http://www.theparamount.net/about-the-paramount-theater/careers/.
Download printable version (PDF)
Return to Jobs