The Downtown Bryan Association is seeking a professional and motivated person for a full-time position at the Queen Theatre. The qualified person will be trained on House Management operations.
- Maintain proper image and generate positive public relations with regards to House Theatre Operations. Understand and perform duties as listed in venue's House Manager Checklist. Manage all House activities and staff including ticket booth, concessions and ushers.
- Work with the other DBA coordinators to coordinate and integrate Downtown and Queen Events smoothly.
- Appropriately assign staff to specific duties. Address and document staff time sheets, conduct and issues. Maintain a lobby presence during events to assist patrons and staff.
- Periodically, walk through and check lobby and house before and after an event, as well as, during intermission. Monitor physical surrounding in all House areas prior to, throughout and after event for safety, cleanliness and functionality.
- Manage ticketing and resolve any ticket and seating issues at events. Respond quickly and courteously to patrons' needs, questions, comments, or concerns with answers and/or action.
- Manage concessions and any staff, scheduling, buying and inventory issues that arrive in that area. Job requires evenings and weekends as part of schedule.
- Salary: salaried position commensurate with experience; eligible to participate in 401k plan
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all technical aspects (lighting, audio-visual, sound, etc.) of performances/space rentals/special events are executed properly and in a timely manner
- Plan and implement departmental operations and capital projects budget as required
- Review proposed and negotiated performance and rental contracts, as requested and create production budgets and estimates as required
- Contact and/or meet with artists and/or their representatives to determine their specifications
- Coordinate lighting and sound, for performances/space rentals/special events, as necessary
- Coordinate rental of any one-time need materials (specialty sound equipment, drum kits, etc.)
- Recruit, train and lead technical crew, ensuring adequate staffing
- Determine proper skill set and competencies
- Allocate work
- Ensure OSHA compliance and safety
- Prepare venue(s) for performances/space rentals/special events
- Set up equipment, lights, sound, etc.
- Handle any technical details during the performances/space rentals/special events and serve as main problem-solver
- Serve as primary contact for vendors used to maintain instruments and equipment (i.e., piano tuners, equipment repairs, etc.)
- Maintain inventory and purchase expendable materials as well as capital equipment associated with responsibilities
- Ensure company event and space calendar is accurate and up-to-date for performances, rentals and other special events.
- Building Operations, Safety and Facilities Maintenance:
- Perform basic physical maintenance on facility (changing light bulbs, minor painting and carpentry, etc.)
- Oversee major repairs/construction
- Ensure that building and all spaces are secured after each performance or event, working with other staff, as necessary
- Concession and Bar Management:
- Manage all aspects of the concession area including beer and wine sales, inventory orders and management, and cash handling.
- Must have or obtain a Kitchen Management Certification in accordance to health department requirements
- Facilitate hiring and training of theater and concessions staff
- Maintain a clean and organized concession area.
- Other responsibilities
- Serve as engaged and involved team member, supportive of the varied experiences and perspectives of internal and external customers
- Support and actively build an office culture dedicated to superior customer service that exceeds member expectations
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential junctions.
- Sit, stand, walk and work at a computer, relative to an office environment
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including weekends and evenings, as required
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
- Ability to climb and work at heights for extended periods of time
- Some local travel may be required
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training in theater, event venue management
- Ability to operate specialty tools, such as sound mixers and processors, lighting controls and their systems
- Strong budgeting and planning skills
- Demonstrated strong management skills
- Knowledge of building systems and operating principles
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written, research, oral, and presentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong problem-solving experience
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with difficult situations
- Superior project management skills and the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong information technologies skills with an understanding of network systems and emerging office technologies
- Must highly skilled in customer service and event management
- Ability to problem solve and take direction
- Excellent in time management
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-based environment
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
To apply please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download printable version (PDF)
Return to Jobs