2017 Conference Education
Education Session information is tentative, subject to change.
All events at Sheraton Grand Los Angeles Downtown unless otherwise indicated
|Primary Sponsor of the 2017
Conference Education Program
Last updated: 03.15.17
The League's National Conference Education Program will include 25+ professional development sessions, demonstrating best practices and the most current techniques and technologies for historic theatre success. Some sessions will be offered twice; others only once.
Some of the topics that will be offered are (all subject to change):
- Revenue from Short Term Rentals
- How to Succeed as a Historic Theatre Operator
- How to Attract Bigger Shows
- The Value of Education Programs
- Collision of Old Theatres and New Technology
- Training for Effective Alcohol Management
- Managing Your Theatre's Risk
- Understanding Payment Processing, Chargebacks and More
- Capital Campaigns (multiple case studies from different venues types and community sizes)
- A Fundraising Roundtable, presented by several historic theatre development directors and moderated by a fundraising expert
- Promoting Your Venue as a Filming Location
- Customizing the Customer Journey
- Google Analytics
- Showcasing Your Theatre's History
- Rethinking the Patron Experience
- Planning for Ongoing Capital Expenses
- Historic Theatre Restoration and Renovation, A to Z
- Beyond Compliance: Technology and Audience Diversity
- Understanding the Newly Historic, Modern Theater
- Implementing Seismic Solutions & Restoring Decorative Finishes
One or two optional pre-conference intensive sessions (TBA) will be offered early Sunday afternoon.
Late Sunday afternoon, we will offer four concurrent case study sessions that will demonstrate the best practices of several venues across the U.S.
Two segments of concurrent Tools & Techniques sessions will be offered on Monday, July 17, and one segment of concurrent sessions will be offered on Wednesday, July 19.
Detailed session information will be posted here as soon as it is available.